Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So this has to be the last post for awhile.  I know, shocker, right?  I haven't been so good at updating this fall.  What with the birthdays and the cleaning the house and the selling the house and the moving.  Sigh.  But it's almost over.  We sold our house (thank you God!) and are leaving next week.  Yes, I said next week.  Don't worry, it still doesn't seem real to me either.  The movers come in 1 week and I'm still thinking that I'd like to dig things out of the boxes we've already packed. 

Anyhow, the house looks fabulous.  Moving, or should I say selling your house, is really good for some things.  I'm not one of those people who vacuum every day- I mean really, get a life- but I kep the house clean.  But with it being sold and having to be show-ready, it is spotless.  This forced us to do all those things I've been thinking we need to do but haven't managed to get around to doing, like painting the whole house, cleaning out the window tracks, cleaning all the screens in the windows, and all those other little things that I just keep putting off.  And man are my windows clean!

The only downside I can see about this is that the kids aren't thrilled that we are decoration-less.  My husband loves Halloween and the kids love decorating, so they are going through withdrawal.  We take the dogs for a walk every night and the kids have resorted to counting the number of houses that are decorated.  All I can say is thank goodness we are moving before Christmas! 

As the boxes pile up around me, literally, I'll just say don't miss me too much.  I'll be back after we're settled and have the internet again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment