Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011


See this poor little basil plant?  I've been trying to grow it since we got here.  I love basil, but it's so darn expensive in the store that I usually just grow my own.  It works much better in the ground then in a pot, so I plant it in the spring and use it fresh all summer, then dry it and use it all winter.  Well, I'm alsmost out of dried (the horror!), so I thought I'd try to start a new pot.  We tried to grow basil ijn a pot when we lived in upstate NY, but it was way too cold and the summers were too short, so it never amounted to much.  The problem is that it likes warm weather and sun.   Before moving here we lived out West, where it's sunny all the time.  But here?  I'm not sure they even really have sun, because I've hardly seen it.  So this poor little pot gets carried around the house chasing the sun.  I checked yesterday and we have 1 sprout, so maybe it'll work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment